Teya's Education Journey

Documentation of my education journey

Blog 3 – “Party Favour” by Billie Eilish – TW

Today is the last day of practice before my midterm update video. I have come as far as I thought I could come with this song, minus the fluidity between A minor and F barre, and C and F barre. It was a lot easier to set the expectation of fluidity for my Musical Growth Plan before knowing barre chords existed, much less knowing there would be two of them in this song. I have come a long way since the beginning though. I have also started learning “Only One”by Kanye West and Paul McCartney. It uses a couple of the same chords including G and C, so I’m only really learning 4 new chords. There is another new barre chord though, and it is on the second fret, which now adds the additional struggle of moving my hand down AND playing. It is the only one in the song though, so I’m hoping all will go well. So far, it is pretty shaky, but that’s to be expected. I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made so far, and have actually found a love for guitar that I never knew I had. I got really ambitious one day and learned “Riptide” by Vance Joy just for fun. I’ve been driving my roommate nuts playing the same songs for hours. I look forward to my continued progression and growth as it’s nice being able to develop a new skills with such a fun instrument. If I decide to modify my music growth plan, I might decide to add a couple more songs too it just for fun, because sometimes when I’m playing, I get randomly inspired to try a song, and then end up learning it.